Helping pets nationwide
Live in the US and want to work with us? Chances are we have a store near you. Since our first opening in Arizona in 1987, we've grown nationwide and beyond. PetSmart currently employs approximately 56,000 associates and operates more than 1,400 pet stores in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, offering training, boarding, grooming, adoption and veterinary services to pet parents around the country. We also have distribution centers across the US filled with passionate pet lovers improving lives every day by ensuring our stores are always prepared to service our customers. As the largest specialty pet retailer in North America, you can see why millions choose to shop with us and thousands choose to work with us.
- When PetSmart originally opened in Arizona in 1987, it was called PetFood Warehouse. We eventually changed our name to PETsMART® in 1989.
- We opened our 100th store and began offering in-store pet training in 1994.
- Through our in-store pet adoption partnership with PetSmart Charities, we’ve helped save the lives of over 5 million pets.
- Each year, PetSmart trainers teach more than 378,000 dogs lifetime skills including potty training, basic obedience and trick training.
- Thanks to our partnership with Banfield Pet Hospital in 2002, we now provide on-hand veterinarian expertise and services to pets and pet parents in over half of our stores.
Just like Buddy.
As a PMO Analyst, Meenu begins every day excited about what she will learn next. She enjoys the thrill of a great challenge and is always looking for ways to gain new knowledge, improve her skills, and advance in her career.
Meenu K, PMO Analyst and her dog Buddy